Re: Abstract Design Document

Subject: Re: Abstract Design Document
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: cor -at- techwritercor -dot- com, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:36:50 -0800 (PST)

I sympathize but you're talking to the wrong audience.
You need to get up, get over to the project lead, sit
down with him/her and say "This document is great! Now
let's fill in the holes so I can get to work...
Question #1: What does this first item mean?..."

--- cor -at- techwritercor -dot- com wrote:

> I just started a contract job this week and have an
> 80 page book due 3
> weeks from today. I got this design document, which
> is all I have to go
> by for this book and it is just 3 1-sentence
> numbered items that are very
> undescriptive. It's very frustrating since I've
> come in in the middle of
> a project that is due in a very short amount of
> time. I'm used to design
> documents being at least 4-6 pages long and at least
> somewhat descriptive
> about the document I'm supposed to be writing. Are
> design documents like
> this (that are so short) common? It's really
> frustrating. Just needed to
> vent. Any advice? Any experience with something
> like this before?

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

We can't all be as creative with sigs as krautgrrl. ;-)