Re: Wikis (was: Groove and others)

Subject: Re: Wikis (was: Groove and others)
From: Isaac Rabinovitch <isaacr -at- mailsnare -dot- net>
To: techwr-l
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:01:40 -0800

Char James-Tanny wrote:

As long as we're talking about workflow tools, I have to mention Wikis, which I'm heavily into these days. Simply put, Wikis are web sites that any user can edit.

<snip>

http://www.ozzie.net/blog/
http://www.suite75.net/blog/mt/Groove/
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki
http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/TWiki/WikiCulture

And, of course, http://www.mshelpwiki.com ;-) (Wiki overseen by the
Microsoft Help MVPs that covers all forms of Windows online Help).

Well, I thinking more in terms of Wiki concepts and implementations, not specific Wiki sites. (Zillions of those.) But I'm glad you mentioned this Wiki site, because it's an example of a WikiTikiTavi site.

http://tavi.sourceforge.net/

This is an engine I hadn't look at before -- possible I skipped over it because it was PHP-based, and I was looking for implementation that used languages I was familiar with. But this one is interesting because it claims to generate only XHTML-Strict compliant markup. Have to give it a serious look when I have a chance.