RE: Agile software development and effect on techwriting

Subject: RE: Agile software development and effect on techwriting
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:46:20 -0800 (PST)

------------------------------------
Gene Kim-Eng asks:
I'd be very interested in knowing how many techwriters have
ever had "an extra two months at the end of the process" to
document a SW UI.

A week or two has been the average for me. Which generally works out for the kind of stuff that I'm doing, smaller applications with a pretty stable core of functions. The last week or so is usually spent verifying info, editing, and inishing up the help files. Two months though, wow, that would be cool. I think I would be lost in that kind of timeframe because I would start seeing possibilities that just weren't there before. Quick starts, lengthy tutorials, in-depth analyses, perfect grammar, you know.....hehehe

note: that last bit about grammar was a joke.

Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com