RE: Mini Survey: Who uses XML?

Subject: RE: Mini Survey: Who uses XML?
From: "France Baril" <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>
To: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:10:25 -0500

First, our company's market is not end customers, we do not target the
companies who produce documentation. We target people who build
solutions for those who produce documentation, so if my goal was to get
customers out of a survey, I would post on an integrator site and ask
who they produce the doc for.

Second, it is true that our market is partly made of tech writers,
however, as I am not in marketing, I do not have access to information
about companie's size, how many tech writers they have and their reason
for going xml. I could ask my question to marketing as it's true that if
we have been around for so long, we probably have access to a customer
bank though our integrators somewhere. But then, I would have to call
each integrator to know the kind of application they build for each kind
of customer and how many of these are for technical publications... I
thought asking here was more efficient. Especially since our product is
used a lot for other things than technical publications and as a tech
writer, that's what I am interested in.

And information will not be kept confidential, I said will compile
results by the end of the week for all our competitors to read. Do you
think I would do that if I wanted to keep it for myself to get to some
big market?

I'm sure we can find tones of arguments for each side, especially since
a lot of companies have some aggressive marketing campains, we know from
all the junk we receive to our inboxes. So, I guess you just have to
take my word for it. If you are afraid we are going to end up calling
you as a result of this survey, just don't answer.