Re: Quark & Frame vs. Word

Subject: Re: Quark & Frame vs. Word
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 05:48:53 -0800 (PST)

> there is a gorgeous layout that could use some
> tweaking with additional master pages in Quark. I
> hate to have to recreate in Frame, but I can't find
> the above mentioned functionality in Quark or Frame.

You'll have to re-do the layout in any app you switch
to. Unless it's coverned by a stylesheet or schema
(which it is probably not), content and layout are
divided and handled seperately. But, the "bauty" of
FrameMaker is that you create the layout on the master
pages once and can easily apply the layout as needed
in the body pages.

> My second question: do most of you use Word revision
> control on documents when editing?

I don't use Word for documentation purposes (only for
memos and rough planning outlines, and other such
short or temporary documents), but even when I did, I
used PDF as my review/editing "environment".

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

We can't all be as creative with sigs as krautgrrl. ;-)