OpenOffice v StarOffice?

Subject: OpenOffice v StarOffice?
From: Susan W. Gallagher <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 13:59:19 -0500

Hey guys,

My current client does some work with Sun, so I occasionally
need to deliver documents in StarOffice format. The client
has StarOffice 6, which is terribly buggy and unstable.

My question -- how compatible are StarOffice and OpenOffice?
I'm assuming, from what I've heard, that OO has some
significant improvements over SO. Can I use OO for these tasks
and deliver to the folks up north without causing problems?

Thanks!
-Sue Gallagher