What level of censorship ...

Subject: What level of censorship ...
From: "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 09:03:59 -0800 (PST)

The exact issue doesn't affect us ... but the subject
does.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.2ccf3d27/262>

Should software manufacturers censor our work? For
example, in this example, Adobe is preventing the
scanning of money. Should they also prevent the
scanning of copyrighted images, logos, Mickey Mouse?
Should Adobe FrameMaker and Microsoft Word prevent the
incorporation of such images or restrict your
vocabulary in some way?

I think the photoshop thing stinks, though as a tech
writer I have no cash available to scan (will
*reluctantly* accept samples for testing purposes
<g>).

=====
T.