RE: Word: Bullets going awry

Subject: RE: Word: Bullets going awry
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 09:15:08 -0500

[Hi Cassandra,
Steve Hudson posted the following guide in March 2003 (or thereabouts). I
added the numbers, but otherwise it's unadulterated Word Heretic. Hope it
helps.]

1. Load yer template.
2. Create the three characters using Unicode (see www.editorium.com for more
help).
3. Copy the next custom character into the clipboard (Ctrl+C)
4. Set up a style called List Bullet.
5. Hit Mod > Format > Bullets & Numbering
6. Choose an outline numbered list.
7. In the number box get rid of everything and paste your character in.
8. Hit More>>>
9. In the list template name box type in LTList Bullet (my personal std).
This helps keep the attachment twixt list definition and style.
10. Set your indents in the list controls - these indents TOTALLY override
any style definitions.
11. Close close OK OK blah
12. Copy the next custom character into the clipboard (Ctrl+C)
13. Mody your List Bullet style again: Mod > Format > Bullets & Numbering
14. Customize the existing list connection.
15. Select Level 2
16. In the number box get rid of everything and paste your character in.
17. Set your indents for this level.
18. Close close OK OK blah
19. Repeat for Level 3 and the last character.

Now when they apply the List Bullet style, you can use tab at start of line
or the indent controls to change the level of indenting and thus the lead
character.
<Bows>
Steve Hudson