Re: Word 2003 Style Question

Subject: Re: Word 2003 Style Question
From: lyndsey -dot- amott -at- docsymmetry -dot- com
To: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 17:52:54 -0500

dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com writes:

John Posada wrote:

Unfortunately, I just came from 2 years of working with FM,
which makes this a snap.

I think there's no way round the Insert > Break > Odd Page thing. Also, make sure your page is set up for mirror margins.

No doubt there are also things that are easy in Word and not so easy
in Framemaker. Let's resist the temptation to bash a tool because we're
not yet familiar with it, or because we prefer the foibles of the tool
with which we *are* familiar.

Now that you've thrown down the tempatation gauntlet... Much as I hate Word, there are some features I like and wish FM would incorporate: I like the functionality of Word's F4 key. I also like the functionality of the paintbrush key. I even like the green and red squiggly lines.
Lyndsey Amott
www.docsymmetry.com
Winnipeg, MB R3G 2J3