Re: Customer Satisfaction

Subject: Re: Customer Satisfaction
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Bonnie Granat <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 05:50:33 -0800 (PST)

> Would it be a good idea for a freelancer to conduct
> follow-up with
> customers on their satisfaction with the services
> they received?

Definitely!

> If so, would a quick, three-question survey in
> e-mail be sufficient? Any thoughts?

As a freelancer you should have had a good deal of
communication with at least one person in charge of
whatever it was you were working on. I'd just open a
"closing" dialogue with that person, face to face or
on the phone, and take notes on their feedback. If you
prefer e-mail, certainly jot down the specific items
you want feedback for, but also leave it open for them
to go into detail about what they generally liked,
didn't like, and so forth.

Treat this as your own "yearly review"... but instead
of you being on the other side of a desk from your
boss and having your boss lead the review, take the
initiative to conduct the review yourself.

You won't know how to improve your skills and services
if you don't have such closing conversations with your clients.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

We can't all be as creative with sigs as krautgrrl. ;-)