Re: Converting Framemaker files

Subject: Re: Converting Framemaker files
From: "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:32:22 -0800 (PST)

If you are receiving FM files, you need something that
can read them. Is there a Quark import filter for FM?
(Interestingly, FM 7.1 has a Quark import filter.)

If not, then you pretty much need FrameMaker to open
FM files. MIF won't do you much good, IMHO, unless you
are referring to some Quark filter that imports MIF,
in which case MIF will do. But, you need FrameMaker to
open the FM files and save them as MIF.

Sounds to me like you are receiving something you
can't use. Instead, specify Quark files or maybe RTF.

--- Julia Price <Julia -dot- Price -at- ClearOne -dot- com> wrote:
> Here's the deal. My company was sent a bunch of .fm
> files that we need to
> convert to quark files. I was asked to read up on
> the subject since no one
> here knows much about it or framemaker at all for
> that matter. We do not
> have framemaker and are therefore unable to open the
> files at all.

=====
T.