Re: Writer's insurance question

Subject: Re: Writer's insurance question
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: Rachel Hutchinson <RachelH -at- osufpp -dot- org>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 10:05:05 -0600

Whoa, they wanted to cancel your business insurance because you write content for firefighters?

I work out of my home, I have two offices and my agent at State Farm said that I didn't even need business insurance, just extra coverage for the additional computers (well, we do have a lot even for a small office of 2).

I don't have liability insurance. Sometimes someone will tell me that if I want to work 1099 I need 10M in liability coverage made out to them, and I just don't bother with the job.

Email me offline if you want to talk more.

Michele

--
Michele

I got out of Babylon, but there was no Zion. No Promised Land.
www.krautgrrl.com

Rachel Hutchinson wrote:

I work for a small publisher and received the following question:

On a related matter, are you familiar with any sources for Professional

Liability insurance to cover authors/publishers such as myself? Like many of my peers, I've been going without it because it's been cost-prohibitive. However, after State Farm tried to cancel my basic business insurance (fire, theft, loss, injury to persons on my property, etc.) because of the "subject matter of my publications," I'm

rethinking the professional liability (errors and omissions) end of
it.