Re: Writer's insurance question

Subject: Re: Writer's insurance question
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net>
To: Rachel Hutchinson <RachelH -at- osufpp -dot- org>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 07:53:05 -0500

Rachel Hutchinson wrote:

I work for a small publisher and received the following question:

On a related matter, are you familiar with any sources for Professional

Liability insurance to cover authors/publishers such as myself? Like many of my peers, I've been going without it because it's been cost-prohibitive. However, after State Farm tried to cancel my basic business insurance (fire, theft, loss, injury to persons on my property, etc.) because of the "subject matter of my publications," I'm

rethinking the professional liability (errors and omissions) end of
it.

Can anyone help?

Have you tried the National Writers Union?
http://www.nwu.org/
While I don't see the advertising errors and omissions insurance, perhaps someone there can give you guidance.

Though as an employee I do not think you have personal liability for acts committed within the scope of your employment. Consult with a local attorney.

--
Peter

Sisyphus had it easy