RE: Best technical writing of the season

Subject: RE: Best technical writing of the season
From: Katie Kearns <katie -at- vquill -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 12:52:00 -0800

At 03:42 PM 1/5/2004 -0500, you wrote:

At any rate, I'm guessing that the people at K'Nex who put together the
manuals know their audience. A seven-year-old boy who enjoys complicated
building toys - no problem. If they were writing their manual for me, they'd
have to change their manual substantially - but I am not their target
audience...I generally use K'Nex to sweep things out from under the fridge.

And these big kits have, say a thousand or more pieces.

Have you ever written documentation explaining to someone how to put together something with a thousand pieces?:D I'm thinking it isn't so easy. Especially when you've only seen a picture of what you're making.

-Katie