Re: EGOS

Subject: Re: EGOS
From: Anthony Davey <ant -at- ant-davey -dot- com>
To: bbatorsk -at- nj -dot- devry -dot- edu
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 00:00:56 +0000

Barry,

I don't see your argument. The two tasks are entirely different, requiring different aptitudes. Writing isn't difficult; or at least not to me. That's one of the reasons I am a TW, because I'm good at it. I'm good at it because it comes fairly naturally. Programing is different; it requires a different type of logic skill to understand programming to the one writers use. (I'm hypothesising here.)
I don't 'get' program code in the same way that I 'get' front end stuff. That's why I can write for end users, but can't write the code. I find programming difficult, but the programmers I work with find writing about it difficult. They're just different skills sets that different people do.

Regards,
Ant

bbatorsk -at- nj -dot- devry -dot- edu wrote:

Brecht, I believe, talked about the simple that is hard to make. One would assume, I thought, that technical writing was harder and more exacting than programming. It takes more training to be a competent technical writer than to be a good programmer.

I would like to set the qualities of good programming against the qualities of good technical writing to see which simple is harder to make.

Barry