Re: Sarbanes-Oxley - EGOS

Subject: Re: Sarbanes-Oxley - EGOS
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:36:50 -0500

kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com wrote:
> I don't really get the idea of trying to prove one person "cares"
more
> about communication than another.

That's not what I wrote (on a different thread, by the way).

To me, anybody's presence on this
> list proves their interest and committment to communication.

Then grammar is not subservient to "message." Both content and
vehicle have to be accurate.

Whether
> John knows
> a singular verb from a quadruple bypass doesn't negate the proof
he's
> shown us over the years that as a tech writer, he definitely knows
> what
> he's doing. I mean, he's one of the least out of work guys I know
> (how's THAT for sentence construction?), so I tend to give his
> opinion a lot of weight.

My comment was not directed at John, and I really do object to your
misrepresenting me and my words.

> We all care, okay? Some of us may choose to obsess over certain
> aspects of this gig, but we ALL care. Even me, flippant though I
> often am.

Then people who say that grammar and writing is fundamental shouldn't
be slapped around here.

Bonnie Granat
www.granatedit.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com