Re: How to deal with incorrect editing

Subject: Re: How to deal with incorrect editing
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:01:54 -0500

Chuck Martin wrote:

"Peter" <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net> wrote in message news:223683 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-
Chuck Martin wrote:

I always try to emphasize that the goal is what's best for users. And
explain how wordy and passive content makes information harder to find.

It

may actually dawn on them that we're actually an authority on the

concept.

The goal is what's best for the company. Without the company there is no
paycheck. Of course the users must understand the documentation, but
what' best for them may not always be what's best for the company.

Without users, there is no company.

Give away the product, don't charge for support or documentation and there will be no company.

--
Peter

Sisyphus had it easy

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com