Re: Sarbanes-Oxley

Subject: Re: Sarbanes-Oxley
From: "Robert H. Strickland" <strickla -at- airmail -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 20:21:37 -0800

This is typical of those young recruiters (salespeople) who don't know their backside from a bass fiddle. They are the same ones who ask the inane question, "What do you have?", meaning "What software do you use?"

Bob

At 07:07 PM 12/28/03 -0500, you wrote:

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:01:46 -0800, Isaac Rabinovitch <isaacr -at- mailsnare -dot- net> wrote:

I keep seeing job listings for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance writers. All insist on previous experience, but the S-A act has only been around since 2002, so there can't possibly be enough experienced writers to fill all these slots.

This is a common phenomenon. Digital Equipment's VAX had only been
out to customers a few weeks (mid 1978 if I remember correctly)
when I saw ads in the papers looking for programmers with five years
of VAX experience.

Robert H. Strickland Associates
Writing. Organizational, Communication, and Marketing Assistance
P. O. Box 1388
Everett, Washington 98206-1388
Phone/Fax: 425-259-9397
Mobile: 425-876-2139
Email: strickla -at- airmail -dot- net
Website: http://www.roberthstrickland.biz

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com