Subject: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
From: "techwr-l owner" <techwr-l-owner -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
To: <archive -at- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 02:30:00 -0600

You received this message because you're a subscriber to
list members to help underwrite the costs of the list (just
as ads in a newspaper, magazine, or journal underwrite the
costs of those publications).

In this posting, look for the following ...
* STORY: SnagIt Changes Perspectives (NEW)
* ANNOUNCE: NEW FRAMEMAKER TRAINING FOR NEW USERS AND TEMPLATE DESIGNERS
* What People Are Saying about "Documenting APIs and SDKS"
* FREE TRIAL: Help Publisher for FrontPage

and at the end you'll find the concluding administrivia with
information about these ads and how to place your own.

STORY: SnagIt Changes Perspectives

Dan the technical writer was inherently modest. So when his new boss
complimented him on the speed with which he prepared a document -
complete with graphics, Dan quickly said, "Oh - it was nothing. I
used SnagIt."

His boss nodded and moved on, but Dan couldn't believe what he'd just
said. Yes - it was true that he could quickly capture anything he
needed off the screen with SnagIt. No editing necessary . . . he
could spruce up his images with many effects . . . he could capture
images people couldn't normally capture in a flash . . . but did he
have to SAY so?

Couldn't he have let his boss think that he'd been working for days?

Dan began to sweat. His boss might think he was a slacker. But he
LOVED working with SnagIt! It DID make his work go quickly! "But
that doesn't mean I'm not a hard worker!" Dan thought. "That means
I'm a SMART worker."

Finally, he couldn't stand it any longer. He tracked down his boss in
his office. Just as he was about to speak, his boss said, "Dan - out
there you mentioned something about 'snagging' - what were you talking
about?"

A smile slowly spread across Dan's face. Rob didn't even know what
SnagIt was!

"Well, well" Dan thought, "Another day, another convert. Soon he'll
love SnagIt as much as I do, and he'll always think of me as sharp -
not lazy."

"SnagIt," Dan began as he settled in for a long conversation, "is the
software that helps my technical writing world go round."

Impress your colleagues with your capture know-how at
www.techsmith.com.

12/18/03-12/25/03

ANNOUNCE: NEW FRAMEMAKER TRAINING FOR NEW USERS AND TEMPLATE DESIGNERS

ADOBE FRAMEMAKER FOR A NEW ERA: Navigating the Changing Seas of
Publishing

This class is designed to help

- new users, who need to understand how FrameMaker works
- [new] template designers, who need to know how to make decisions on
building or adjusting templates
- users with new needs for publishing to multiple formats
- users who have never had FrameMaker training who wish to round out
their FrameMaker knowledge

This training offers the latest information in a "hands-on" environment
with an instructor who is expert in the latest technologies.

NEXT DATES: January 26-30, 2004
LOCATION: Livonia, Michigan (convenient to Detroit and Ann Arbor)
RATES: From $400 up to $1,200 per person, depending on days attended.
(You may attend 1-5 days depending on your specific training needs.)
Attend all 5 days of training, receive over 1,000 pages of FrameMaker
reference material.

For more information on our public classes, visit
http://www.travelthepath.com/training. Any Bright Path Solutions class
can also be conducted at your site and customized to fit your specific
needs.

For more information, contact our solutions sales manager:

George P. Luke
BRIGHT PATH SOLUTIONS
Adobe Certified Training Provider
1.919.481.0393
mailto:gluke -at- travelthepath -dot- com

Why train with Bright Path Solutions? Check out the benefits at
http://www.travelthepath.com/training/whytrain.shtml. Or, ask us for
references and we'll let a few of our many satisfied clients tell you
for themselves!

12/16/03-12/24/03

What People Are Saying about "Documenting APIs and SDKS"

People have come from New York, Silicon Valley, Toronto, and even the
Middle East to attend Manny Gordon's one-of-a-kind workshop,
"Documenting APIs and SDKs." Here are some of their comments about it:

"All the information was fabulous... Covered a lot of ground."

"Excellent introduction to the raison d'etre of APIs and SDKs. The
course builds a writer's confidence that they are on the right track
to developing acceptable SDK documentation."

"Explanations based on experience, not theory."

"Very thorough, I highly recommend it."

Now Manny can come directly to you on our new double-DVD set that
captures the essential content of the 1-day workshop, professionally
edited into 3 solid hours of instruction, advice and guidance.

For more information or to order with Free Shipping, visit:
http://www.gordonandgordon.com/videos.html

12/12/03-12/19/03

FREE TRIAL: Help Publisher for FrontPage

Indigoware's Help Publisher for FrontPage enables you to create
and edit HTML Help files without leaving FrontPage.

* Automatic conversion of FrontPage webs into HTML Help files.
* Rapid import of existing HTML Help Workshop projects.
* Automatic Table of Contents and Index generation.
* Publish help topics as Microsoft Word documents for proof
reading and production of manuals.
* Easy insertion and editing of the full set of HTML Help ActiveX
controls, such as 'See Also' menus, through a custom FrontPage Web
Component.
* Simple addition of context sensitive help to applications.
* Automatic generation of JavaScript expandable/collapsible Table
of Contents for website based help publishing.
* Comprehensive help file and tutorial included.

Visit http://indigoware.com/techwrl for free trial download now!

12/05/03-12/12/03

About posting ads:
Announcements on the TECHWR-L Premium Announcement posting
cost $50 to contact over 5100 TECHWR-L subscribers
directly each day for a week.

In an effort to provide a free service that allows you to post
announcements, jobs, and events, however, we have established other
services:

The TECHWR-L Calendar provides a free resource for you
to post announcements, activities, and events:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/calendar/

The TECHWR-L Employment Central provides a free resource
for you to post, browse, and search job listings and personal
profiles:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/employment/

The TECHWR-L Daily Summary Mailing, a separate mailing list
that summarizes new content posted to Employment Central and
the Calendar, can further help get your
message out to interested people:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/daily-announce-info.html

These resources are available at no cost to anyone, posters
or seekers, TECHWR-L subscribers or not. We encourage you to
regularly use these free services.

For jobs, announcements, and events that you specifically
want to be mailed directly to all 5100+ TECHWR-L subscribers
in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact Eric
(ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com) or submit your paid ad at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/postad.html.