FW: Published Author $$ - Naive

Subject: FW: Published Author $$ - Naive
From: "Cassandra Greer" <cassandra -at- greer -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 17:43:40 +0100

Or being in the right place at the right time with the right contacts -
that's how I got my opportunities at any rate. They weren't my book ideas to
begin with but rather I was the victim the publishers found to do them due
to the people I knew (as strange as that may sound)- basically like what
Solveig said, I did a lot of work someone else was supposed to do - though
it is not necessarily always cushy, let me tell you. These were the times of
my highest Coke consumption.

But the money I got in advances and royalties helped me pay off some of my
student loans (during a time when my normal money making activities were't
sufficing). Actually, theoretically, I should still be getting royalties,
but the publisher for two of the books went under and it wasn't worth trying
to go after the ever-dimishing returns.

Cass :)

> An agent.
>
> Wade Courtney wrote:
>
> >How do you get those non-fiction books deals like HTML 4.0 bible?
> >
> >Wade

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com