Customer satisfaction survey for documentation

Subject: Customer satisfaction survey for documentation
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:57:59 -0500

[John Sharon posted the following gem on the Techshoret list (reprinted with
his permission). I've never seen that 3-document technique before, but I
think it's brilliant.]

---------------

At Comverse, they conduct an annual customer satisfaction survey (CSS). I
was a team leader in charge of the marketing documentation and due to
insufficient resources resulting in too few documents, I always scored low
in the survey. So I set myself a goal to improve my standing.

I arranged that 3 documents be released and distributed within a few weeks
of each other. Each of the documents advertised the others and all arrived
just before the CSS. That year, my standing in the CSS had the highest jump
ever recorded and achieved one of the highest absolute scores.

Another way to improve *results is to phone important customers just before
the CSS, ask them if they're satisfied and listen to them.

HTH
johnsh

John Sharon
Freelance Marketing/Technical Writer
mobile 064 - 899 282
office 09 - 861 4790
email johnsh -at- 012 -dot- net -dot- il

*I know this sounds like cynical results tampering (which it is), but the
CSS scores reflect REAL CUSTOMER SATISFACTION and my tactics (however
unscrupulous) improved this.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com