Re: Word, Macros and Tool Tips

Subject: Re: Word, Macros and Tool Tips
From: lyndsey -dot- amott -at- docsymmetry -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:14:36 -0500

According to Word's Help files:
<snip>
Show the toolbar with the menu command or toolbar button you want to change.
On the Tools menu, click Customize.
Leave the Customize dialog box open (you might need to move it out of the way), and do one of the following:
For a menu command, click the menu that contains the command you want to change, right-click the command, type the name in the Name box, and then press ENTER.
For a toolbar button, right-click the toolbar button on the toolbar, type the name in the Name box, and then press ENTER.
Note If the toolbar button does not display a label, you can see only the name change when you view the ScreenTip.
</snip>
Even so, it doesn't always seem to work perfectly. I have a macro button on my toolbar that I labled "pasteNoFormat" but the mouseover shows "PASTENOFORMAT".
I have just now made another button called "bold". This time the mouseover is correct.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lyndsey Amott
www.docsymmetry.com
Winnipeg, MB R3G 2J3

Trathen, Alex writes:

Hi
I'm having a spot of bother with Word 97. At the moment I'm creating a
template, which contains a unique drop down menu, and an extra toolbar.
On the toolbar I have placed some macros. My problem is that when I
"mouseover" the customised toolbar icons "words" appear which I have not
specified. For example; I've created a macro called TableColumn4, and when I
place it on the toolbar the mouseover is Column4. I can't seem to find where
you change what is displayed in the tooltip.
Would someone please let me know how I can rename the tooltips.
Cheers, Alex.

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com