Re: Conditional Text in RoboHelp

Subject: Re: Conditional Text in RoboHelp
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:35:23 -0800

I can tell you only frommy experience with using the RoboHTML part of
eHelp's tool. And with that in mind, then the answer is "no." (As in no
limit.)

When developing for web-based Help, authoring in HTML, conditions are HTML
style attributes and look similar to this:

only.</p>

Words</span> marked as Print only</p>

These examples come from two conditions being first created in RoboHTML:
Web_Only and Print_Only. Once you define the condtions, you can add the
style attributes or spans in your HTML editor. (I use text snippets in
Dreamweaver.)

Chuck Martin
User Assistance & Experience Engineer
twriter "at" sonic "dot" net www.writeforyou.com

"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. The day
may come when the courage of Men fail, when we forsake our friends and break
all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day! This day, we fight!"
- Aragorn

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you."
- Gandalf

"Karen Casemier" <karen -dot- casemier -at- provia -dot- com> wrote in message
news:222576 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

We are currently using RoboHelp 8, which does not have conditional text. For
those of you using the current version of RoboHelp, do you know if there is
a limit on the number of conditions you can use? I wasn't able to find this
information on ehelp's website, and I don't want to start a mass of sales
phones calls by e-mailing them for the info!

BTW, I'm assuming based on the product description that conditions in
RoboHelp work the same as FrameMaker conditions - I can apply them to a
portion of the text within a topic (not just at the topic level). If I'm
wrong, please let me know. Also, if you have had problems using RoboHelp's
conditional text features, please let me know that as well - the conditional
text features are the only reason we are considering upgrading.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com