Re: Sarbane Oxley process and procedure documentation: how granular?

Subject: Re: Sarbane Oxley process and procedure documentation: how granular?
From: "John Posada" <writer -at- tdandw -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:04:22 -0500

I did some research on this when I was asked to look into
this at B&N.com. There is some documentation on the web.
Take a look at the following 60 page PDF:

http://www.fei.org/download/Section404FAQ.pdf

The part that you aren't going to like is on page 60 where
it says that the SEC does not specify guidelines on what the
content should look like because it would "result in
boilerplate of little value". OTOH, the PDF itself is very
informative.

Also, the following is a checklist:

http://www.knowledgeleader.com/IAFreeresource.nsf/vAttachLU/
riskrankingtoolpdfview/$File/Risk%20Assess%20Ranking.pdf

Depending on how important this is to you, I'd suggest that
you check out subscribing to the Protivity Knowlewdgeleader.
It's about $500, but in all my searching, this consulting
company seemed to have the most useful stuff. BTW...I have
no affiliation with them.

http://www.knowledgeleader.com/iafreewebsite.nsf/content/Sar
banes-OxleyActCorporateGovernanceandAuditCommitteeResources!
OpenDocument#corporate%20governance%20articles

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
writer[at]tdandw.com