RE: can you think of an example of 'click on' used in a grammatic ally incorrect way?

Subject: RE: can you think of an example of 'click on' used in a grammatic ally incorrect way?
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 16:55:46 -0500

1. The user has to click one of two buttons in a dialog box: "On" or "Off."
Now, it may be grammatically correct to write, "Click on 'On'" or "Click on
'Off,'" but it would be awkward and confusing.

2. Regardless of the text that you click, the preposition "on" is needless.
Omit needless words.

Dan Goldstein

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com