Re: flash and IE

Subject: Re: flash and IE
From: David Tremblay <techwrit -at- mediom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 09:09:30 -0500

Westbrook,Beth wrote:

Furthermore, I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it until I'm blue in
the face as long as people refuse to learn it: Making "HTML" pages with
proprietary codes that only work in one browser is absolutely and totally
defeating the purpose of HTML.

BTW, coding with standards in mind have more advantages than respecting a semantic, it makes your work forward compatible, you can deal more easily with accessibility issues, not only for people with disabilities but also for people using PDA or cell phone. It will be like that unless MS take over with its own web...

http://www.cybercodeur.net/weblog/articles/art_20020131.php
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735712018/ref%3Dnosim/jeffreyzeldmanprA/002-8344398-5470440

have fun with standards and don't forget to drop MSIE and adopt firebird much much better

David

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com