RE: The Myth of Seven, Plus or Minus Two

Subject: RE: The Myth of Seven, Plus or Minus Two
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 08:37:14 -0800 (PST)

----------------------------
Eric L. Dunn wrote:
I believe that any blind adherence to an approach
(scientific or otherwise) stems from the basic insecurity
many have with defending their own thoughts and beliefs.

It's the CYA theory. Relying on someone else to tell you what to do provides an easy out if something goes wrong. "Hey, it's not my fault that my navigation sucks, I was only following the 7+-2 rule, which I didn't come up with. So don't fire me."

Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com