RE: Do you permit SMEs to revise your drafts?

Subject: RE: Do you permit SMEs to revise your drafts?
From: "Downing, David" <DavidDowning -at- Users -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 15:22:50 -0500

Our usual procedure is for the SME to mark up a hardcopy, then return it with a signoff sheet indicating that the document is in one of three conditions --

Approved as is.
Approved with the changes indicated.
Not approved, so that another review is required.

Occasionally, an SME wants to meet with us to discuss some particular issue -- which is actually happening to me tomorrow.