Re: PDF Pains

Subject: Re: PDF Pains
From: c -dot- sharp -at- meridio -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 08:07:50 -0700

Bruce Cox wrote:

> Thanks for the advice, Jean. I have been saving with "Save As".
> Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to
> stop the file size from increasing if you're deleting and replacing
> bookmarks and associated pages.
>
> Bruce

In Adobe Acrobat, there's also the PDF consultant option on the Tools
menu. You can audit your PDFs to see exactly what's taking up the space.
There's also an option (eventually) if you use the Optimize Space command
to remove invalid bookmarks and links, which might be of some use to you.

Course, this doesn't help with your original question about creating
bookmarks when you web caputure - but I'm not sure anything will.
Though one way about it might be to web-capture just the new content into
a different file, then replace pages in the old file with the new? That
keeps the bookmarks intact, though it also keeps links intact which might
need to be tidied up.

Catherine Sharp MISTC
Technical Writer
Meridio Ltd, Belfast, Northern Ireland