Re: Word Perfect File to DOS Plain Text File...How?

Subject: Re: Word Perfect File to DOS Plain Text File...How?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:28:55 -0800

If you're going to just try and copy text out of the files, you may just be
able to open the files as plain text in Word or Notepad by selecting
"all files" from the File Type dropdown. But if renaming them in a
batch is essential:

Open a DOS command window (select "Run" from the Windows Start
menu, type "cmd" into the field and click OK)

Navigate to the directory where the files are located (if you don't know
how to CD in DOS, just put the files temporarily in your "Documents
and Settings" folder, which is where the DOS window will default to
when it opens). Make sure they are the only files in that directory
with the extension you want to change

Assuming your files are Wordperfect .doc, type:

REN *.doc *.txt

This will rename all the .doc files in the directory to .txt with the same
names they have now.

Gene Kim-Eng