Re: Not a Word User, but need help badly

Subject: Re: Not a Word User, but need help badly
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:44:57 -0500

Ruiter, Vicki wrote:
> On both
> the header and footer you'll see text above the header and footer dotted
box
> that says "Same as Previous". This is evil and you must get rid of it.

For most manuals I usually set up running headers/footers with variables and
set them all to Same As Previous, and never touch them again. Why would you
want to maintain multiple headers and footers? That becomes a permanent
editing burden for the lifecycle of the document - too many moving parts,
too many opportunities for error.

Mike O.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com