RE: FrameMaker and track changes?

Subject: RE: FrameMaker and track changes?
From: "Rakefet Zadik" <rakefet -at- riverhead -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:17:21 +0200

The problems with word are:
1. It crashed too much.
2. We have problems converting some of the files to pdf.
It takes a long time and we play a lot with the file until
we succeed.
3. We copy some of the stuff between two user guides and
in many cases the format changes in between.
4. Some of our chapters a re 48 pages long. I read
somewhere that after 50 pages Word doesn't always handle the
files very well and we don't want to fine ourselves in that situation.

Does this make enough sense to move to Frame?