Re: Is this too Offensive for a manual?

Subject: Re: Is this too Offensive for a manual?
From: Carol Gilbert <cgilbert -at- cal -dot- berkeley -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 08:16:53 -0800

Dear All,

I am editing a software manual with a target audience of users who are responsible for managing meter readers. This management process uses the various reports and records maintained by the software.

Your selected phrases seem too blunt to me too. How about something like:

Arising from incompetent, lazy or crooked meter readers... ---> Arising from a lack of training or the rare case of unethical meter readers

...reward performance and punish incompetence. ---> ...reward performance and encourage improvement

- Carol Gilbert

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com