Re: Did they really mean ,,, ? Colour blind or plain insensitive?

Subject: Re: Did they really mean ,,, ? Colour blind or plain insensitive?
From: "KG Kumar" <kg -at- tug -dot- org -dot- in>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:53:30 -0500

> Bonnie Granat wrote:

> The text "Protect your PC" is an image. Its color is red.
> The text "from Microsoft" is an image. Its color is black.

> Perhaps you are color-blind?

Sad to say that my first post to this wonderful, instructive and
well-moderated list has to do with PC -- "political correctness", not the
brand of electronic circuity pushed by people with micro-hearts and soft
wallets. By writing in a stark, staccato style that ends with a "knockout"
question, the writer of the above mail displays an attitude that, according to
a dictionary that most of you know, is "lacking feeling or tact", and is "so
insensitive as to laugh at someone in pain".

Please desist, BG, and do try and understand that you may have been born into
a language, but there there are many who have struggled to master it. And yes,
often the Empire Strikes Back!

-----
KG Kumar
kg at tug dot org in