Re: stupid question: how do you spell that thing we do?

Subject: Re: stupid question: how do you spell that thing we do?
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:44:26 -0500

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:35:56 -0500, Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net> wrote:

... the correct spelling is docking, on the model of picnicking.

Docking is done to the tails of sheep so they don't get all fouled
with manure. When severe, the fouling, called pinning, can entirely
block the intestines of a young lamb. (Seems some of my tech writing
activities have involved large amounts of manure.)

I've got an ample manure pile on my farm. Does anyone have suggestions
for other words and phrases that should be consigned thereto?

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com