Re: To Mr. Cronin (was Re: Offshoring: San Jose Mercury News article)

Subject: Re: To Mr. Cronin (was Re: Offshoring: San Jose Mercury News article)
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:35:15 -0800

Gilger.John wrote:

Perhaps that is a good reason to eschew Adobe software, since they are reputed to have moved their development efforts to India.

Works for me. As free and open source software gets better, I've been buying less and less from Adobe in recent years anyway. Between the GIMP and OpenOffice.org, I pretty much have all the functionality that I used to get from PhotoShop, Illustrator, and FrameMaker. Since it looks as though OpenOffice.org 2.0 will have PDF export with links, I expect to be dropping Acrobat this time next year. One of these days, too, I'll have to check how scribus compares to the high-end layout programs like In-Design.

Virtuous and economical, too - not a bad combo, eh? ;-)

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"Bright morning star a-rising,
New day's a-breaking in my soul."
- American Traditional

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com