Re: The ladder principle

Subject: Re: The ladder principle
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 10:22:52 -0500

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 09:22:21 -0500, Roger Shuttleworth <RShuttleworth -at- visualplant -dot- com> wrote:

I wonder if anyone can point me to resources that deal with technical
writer career/professional development. My company (a software company)
is investigating the "ladder" system advocated by Construx. ...

How does this differ from anything else that employees perceive as
"the flavour of the month"? We go to the courses, we see the slides,
we get the handouts, our pay either goes up or it doesn't, and we go
back to doing business as usual. Soon another flavour comes along.

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com