Re: Basic questions on technical writing

Subject: Re: Basic questions on technical writing
From: "Richard G. Combs" <richard -dot- combs -at- voyanttech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 08:17:04 -0700

Guy wrote:

> Richard G. Combs wrote:
> > Mostly to tweak Guy (who frequently views with alarm the latest news
from
> > India), I wrote:
>
> 'scuse me? I'm the one who wrote about working for a company
> founded by a couple of IIT guys, and having a writing group that
> includes 6 folks here, and 4 or 5 in India (Pune and Chennai) whose
> lead is here for 5 months or so to improve his skill set and then
> return to Chennai to educate his fellows.
>
> DoI give the impression of alarm? I just pointed out that FrameMaker
> itself is now being developed and documented India.

Oops, sorry! I must have been thinking of someone else. No offense intended.

I posted my "this is good news" message partly to counter those who *do* get
alarmed about "furriners stealing 'murrican jobs" (there've been plenty of
those in past threads on this subject). If I mistakenly lumped you into that
group, I apologize.

Still looking for someone to tweak...
Richard

------