Re: Printing issues

Subject: Re: Printing issues
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 14:24:13 -0500

Roberta Hennessey wrote:

I have listed this as a printing problem
but I'm not sure if it is a printing problem
or a driver issue, or a corrupted document.

I use Frame 7.0 here for our docs. I am trying to
print from a pdf file. I can print
them to a color printer fine but when I try to
send them to a duplex printer, the printer stops at
a certain page (different with each doc) and
the error message reads:

"ERROR: typecheck
OFFENDING COMMAND: restore

STACK:

0.246218
0-144311
73
-savelevel-

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Yes. Many of us have.

Other documents I have
recently pdf'd are fine. Does anyone have any idea what the issue
may be?

Yes. Your document is too big for the printer's virtual memory. Try printing the document in sections.

Also, if this is a Xerox printer you're talking about, there are sometimes problems with certain kinds of graphics. If you determine that a particular page is the problem, try regenerating the graphics on that page, redistilling, and printing again. This can particularly be a problem with EPS graphics. Your best bet is to import them into Word in a different format or Paste Special > Picture.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com