RE: Microsoft wants journalists, not tech writers?

Subject: RE: Microsoft wants journalists, not tech writers?
From: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 07:46:22 -0600

Mike O. opined:
"Microsoft should be careful what they wish for. Journalists are trained
to check facts, be objective, and respect the truth."

I may not need to comment on this, but I feel compelled to. IMHO, a
majority of journalists are ideologues. They "usually" put some sort of
spin into their writing. The USA Today had a bit on this a few months
back. They displayed headlines from about a half-dozen major newspapers
on the same story. Each one had a different angle, and when reading the
story, there were different views, different facts presented, and
basically totally different stories.

Mike O. is right in stating how journalists are trained. But again in my
opinion, when the rubber hits the road, a majority of news writers
present the facts deemed necessary, are objective in their mind, and
respect the truth in their eyes.

But that is just my opinion, I could be wrong.
-Dennis Miller-(I can't forget to cite the quote)

W. Kelly Oja
Verizon Airfone
http://www22.verizon.com/airfone/
Stay in Touch with Verizon Airfone JetConnect (sm)

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com