Scary books

Subject: Scary books
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:02:19 -0400

At 03:24 PM -0400 2003-10-23, Kim Roper wrote:

Everyone should have a textbook on thermodynamics, just to scare away
unwanted party guests.

Mine is sitting in plain sight, right next to my books on fluid mechanics
and advanced calculus.

We vary the display, depending on who we want to discourage from hanging around after the party. For some persistant yakkers, Andy's old quantum mechanics textbook does the trick, especially if we pile it on top of our his-and-hers copies of Silverstein and Bassler ( _Spectrometric Identification of Organic Compounds_ ). For others, we drag out the pre-Columbian archeology stuff and a few skeleton fragments from my Build-Yourself-an-Inca kit.

Obligatory techwriting tie-in: "Know your audience" applies to more than writing software manuals.
--
K@ Kat Nagel

.

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com