RE: Adobe adds product activation

Subject: RE: Adobe adds product activation
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 07:51:31 -0700 (PDT)

> > His reply was for you to read the EULA. Won't that
> > answer your question?
>
> uh, because it's a smart*ssed diss, essentially
> saying "i know what the
> answer is but i'm not going to tell you"?

OK, you can not like my answers, but I in no way was
being a "smart*ss". You asked a question to which
there is no one set in stone answer. Each EULA is
different. That's why I suggested you read it. What
you do with my advice is up to you, but please, if
you're going to have an attitude and fly off about my
very objective reply to your question, take it up with
ME and not the whole list.

> this seems to be belaboring the somewhat obvious,
> but it's because for one
> reason or another, i ****HAVE**** to use the msft
> product at that moment in
> time, and regardless of WHAT the EULA says, i am
> going to use it because i
> HAVE to.

This argument makes absolutely no sense. If you
absolutely MUST use it, then what's the problem? Use
it! If it's for work, and they say you MUST use it,
then get them to buy it for you and move on.

> this seems to be an awful lot of ado about very
> little. i was just
> wondering if anyone knew whether msft eula's (ok,
> the one for microsoft
> project to alleviate any further discussion of
> incompatibilities between
> msft product license agreements) allows an
> individual user to install from
> the same disks on more than one computer
> _exclusively for his or her own
> personal use_. not to start a flame war.

Well, you should have been more specific at the
beginning. My response, to read the EULA, answered
your question. And, whether you intended it or not,
you were the one who initiated the sour sub-thread.

I'm not belaboring this on-list anymore. If anyone
thinks I was out of line by replying with "read the
EULA to find out", please take it up with me off-list.

For that matter, if you have an issue with ANYONE's
post, and you feel the urge to confront that person,
please exercise proper nettiquette and take it
off-list.

Over, finished, gone, done, out.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://shopping.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com