Re: Really need an answer to this

Subject: Re: Really need an answer to this
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:36:00 -0400

Ivan Gelical wrote:

All:

Here's what I NEED to know. How does one switch off hyphenation in:

Pagemaker
Interleaf
Word

IF you know the answer(s), I would be very grateful...

I know the answers. Are you grateful? Or would you like me to share them with you?

I'll assume the latter, just because it's Friday and I'm in a good mood.

Pagemaker:

Type > Define Styles (Ctrl-3)

Pick your base styles, whatever they are. In each of them, Edit > Hyph ... Click the Off radio button. This should cascade through to styles based on the one you picked. Spot check to be sure.

Interleaf:

Going from memory, because I don't have it installed anymore, and this may depend on what version you are using ...

Access the properties sheet for each of the base styles ("para," for example). Click through the tabs until you find the hyphenation setting. Turn it off. Apply.

Word:

Select All (Ctrl-A)

Tools > Language > Hyphenation ...

Uncheck the Automatically Hyphenate Document checkbox.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]

HAVE YOU SEEN THE LATEST FRAMEMAKER PUBLISHING TOOL?

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com