Re: Punctuation

Subject: Re: Punctuation
From: "John Posada" <writer -at- tdandw -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:41:14 -0700

OK, seriously...

Punctuation is fine. It is needed and if misapplied, will
alter the intended meaning of the content. Nobody is
disputing this, even me.

However, certain rules are written in stone and certain
rules are a little more fluid. Someone who REALLY
understands the rules knows which one are inviolate and
which ones are not.

At the same times, if we are going to write content for
consumption and have it taken seriously, we gotta be able to
know when understanding of the content is more important
than personal punctuation preferences (which in my opinion
only, is almost always) and not let our preferences
interfere with the delivery/acceptance of information.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
writer[at]tdandw.com

> Hey Goob...I understood everything you wrote.
>
> We don't need no stiiinkin punctuation.

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com