Re: synchronizing color

Subject: Re: synchronizing color
From: Samuel Choy <schoy -at- us -dot- ibm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:17:48 -0500

Erika writes:
I wonder if anyone out there solved this annoying problem: the color on the
screen is different than the color of the ouput from our office printer
(Tektronix laser) and the output from a digital printer (we use a few).
There should be an app for it. Before my graphic designer goes mad...
---------------------------------

The distinguished Goober replies:

But, you certainly can control output color. Look into
Pantone technologies.

Just to add to Goober's post. I suggest printing some sort of color chart
with pantone or cmyk values. Then use the values from the chart. Or, you
could just watch your graphic designer go mad. Mad graphic designers can be
quite entertaining at times. Ok. Just kidding on the last point.

Samuel Choy
IBM Rochester
http://www.ibm.com/eserver/iseries/infocenter

My opinions are mine and not IBMs