Re: What is the value of Tech Comm Masters?

Subject: Re: What is the value of Tech Comm Masters?
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 05:18:41 -0700 (PDT)

> Why did you "toy" with a serious question?

Why do you take me literally?

> Yes, your answers were very clever, but do you think
> they were helpful to the
> poster who asked the question?

Getting someone to think is the most valuable
contribution you can make. We can spout off a thousand
and three different specific replies to questions like
that, but honestly NONE of them will be of ANY value
unless the person who asked sits back and evaluates
WHY they want a higher degree and WHAT the value is to
them. Getting a degree for the sake of getting a
degree is just plain dumb, and for the most part it's
worthless untill you do something constructive with
it. The only way to do something constructive with a
degree is to think about it in light of why you wanted
it and why you value it.

> "Know your audience" seems to be an idea that might
> be useful here. ; )

Exactly my point.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://shopping.yahoo.com

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com