Track changes?

Subject: Track changes?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 08:22:16 -0400

A L Edwards reports: <<I'm using MS Office Professional XP to edit a
document for a client who is using MS 2000. Her program is accepting only
some of my edits - but not all. Do I need to save the edits in the MS2000
version? What else might I need to do before submitting changes to her?>>

You'll need to upgrade your copy of XP using the latest "service packs" from
Microsoft. The first few releases of Word XP adamantly refused to
communicate politely with earlier versions of Word, but in recent testing,
we discovered that one of the most recent patches fixed this problem. Sorry,
don't have details handy--I'm still happy with Word 97 and see no reason to
upgrade.

In the meantime, if you still have your copy of Office 2000 or 97 around,
it's supposed to be possible to run these on the same computer as XP. I
haven't tried this, but that's the theory; Microsoft undoubtedly has
something about how to do this in their knowledge base. Maybe it's worth
"upgrading" to the older version of Office until you resolve the problem?

(try ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca if you get no response)
580 boul. St-Jean
Pointe-Claire, Que., H9R 3J9 Canada

"It's one thing to see death coming at the hands of your own creation.
That's part of the human epic tradition, after all. Oedipus and his father.
Baron Frankenstein and his monster. William Henry Gates and Windows
'09."--David Brin, _Kiln People_

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com