Re: Online Help Systems

Subject: Re: Online Help Systems
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 07:54:23 -0400

John Posada wrote:
> oh YEAH...I tend to disregard/forget about anything that is ubiquitous
> across multiple applications...
> It's like complaining about anything that requires IE (or anything MS) to
be
> available on the system, such as MShelp, yet not complaining when a JRE is
> required for other applications.

Except that (unlike the JRE), IE is not available across multiple OSs.

and David Knopf wrote:
> And the first time you accessed a page that included a Flash movie,
> the Flash player plug-in was automatically downloaded and installed
> on your machine, making it one of the 97% of Internet-connected
> computers worldwide that have the Flash player installed. No biggie.

I think it's a big deal *any* time an executable attempts to automatically
download and install itself on my PC. I'm one of those diehards who just
cancels out of any site that uses Flash for basic navigation, or for splash
screens.

Mike O.

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com