Re: Indexing HTML Help

Subject: Re: Indexing HTML Help
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 02:00:44 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jean Hollis Weber" <jean -at- jeanweber -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent: October 05, 2003 01:45 AM

> David Brown wrote,
> >This is the sole purpose of HTML Indexer.
> >The free demo version will show you exactly how to use it to index your
> >HTML Help project.
>
> Omigosh, how could I have forgotten to mention HTML Indexer? I use it all
> the time to index my websites, but I forget that of course it indexes other
> HTML stuff as well. And I have no association with the product or the
> developers, except as a happy user.

I'm working through the tutorial. So far, it seems quite a nice little
program. However, I need to view the content of the files while I index, so
perhaps I should just make an extra copy of the files and view them in my
browser. It would be nice if I could do it all in that little program, but
then, I haven't finished the tutorial yet and maybe it's in there.

If an index created here would really be identical to an index created in HTML
Help Workshop, I'd much prefer this, because HTML Help Workshop is pretty
clunky, if I recall correctly.

What's even greater is having David right here (or at least easily
accessible.)

Bonnie Granat
Granat Editorial Services
http://www.editors-writers.info