RE: Stupid users (was the "top this" thread)

Subject: RE: Stupid users (was the "top this" thread)
From: Rebecca -dot- Flickinger -at- libertysite -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 12:30:01 -0500

I believe the issue is not stupidity, but assumed risk.

The user assumed a risk in placing hot coffee between her legs. Her
assumption of the risk was probably that she might get superficial burns -
ones that her lap could likely withstand if the liquid is truly fit for
human consumption. That being the assumed risk, she was probably prepared
for discomfort if she spilled. Had she assumed the risk was eight weeks in
burn therapy, she might have behaved differently.

By the way, I used to work at McDonalds. Drive-through customers would
often ask us to put ice in the coffee, which is how I learned it was too
hot to drink.

Beck

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com